- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz. white confectionery coating, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place sugar, cream and butter into a heavy 3 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat to 238 degrees F., stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to stand, without stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add confectionery coating. Beat until melted.
- Quickly stir in coconut, pecans, and vanilla.
- Pour into a buttered 8" square pan. Cool. Cut into squares.
Makes 64 1-inch squares. Source: National Confectioners Association