- 5 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate; cut up
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 32 to 38 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 2-quart glass bowl, combine unsweetened chocolate and butter. Heat in a microwave oven on high 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- With a fork, beat in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs until well mixed.
- Mix in salt and flour.
- Spread evenly in a greased, foil lined 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips over top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Do not over-bake. Let cool.
This recipe will produce 36 to 40 brownies.
Author: Blommer Chocolate Company