Mint Meltaway Cake Brownies
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8-10 Fannie May® Mint Meltaways
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 2 - 8" pans.
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix butter, cocoa, and water in a saucepan and continue to stir until it comes to a boil.
- Add to the flour and sugar.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla in a separate bowl. After mixed well, add to the flour and sugar.
- Using a food processor, grind Mint Meltaways into fine crumbs. Then add to batter and mix well.
- Divide batter into two greased pans and bake 20 to 30 minutes.
Makes two 8" pans.
Author: Fannie May