- 4 cups whole milk (*can substitute low-fat or 1% milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Place the milk in a medium heavy-duty saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder and sugar. Toss to blend well. Add 4 tablespoons of the hot milk and stir until the mixture forms a paste.
- Pour the cocoa paste into the hot milk and stir until the mixture is completely smooth. Divide the hot chocolate milk between 4 mugs and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 cups
Per serving: Calories 219 (From Fat 86); Fat 10g (Saturated 6g); Cholesterol 33mg; Sodium 122mg; Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 3g); Protein 10g.
This rich and creamy drink is very satisfying on a cold winter's day. It's also a snap to prepare.
Source: National Confectioners Association