Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 sm. zucchini (about 1/2 lb. total) or 2 c. grated
- 4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 2 (8 x 4) loaf pans.
- Grate zucchini. Squeeze out extra moisture. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine zucchini except the chocolate chips. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick stuck in the center of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool on rack 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely. One loaf can be frozen if desired.
Makes two loaves.
Source: Susan Whiteside for NCA’s Chocolate Council