Chocolate-Glazed Breast of Chicken
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 8 chiles, ancho
- 1 tsp allspice, ground
- 1 tsp annatto, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp clove, ground
- 1/4 tsp pepper, black
- 3/4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Leaf lettuce, tomato slices
- 8 Foccocia rolls
- Roast the peanuts on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Toast the sesame seed for a couple of minutes until brown.
- Combine both and grind in a food processor. Set aside.
- Toast the anchos then soak in hot water to soften, about 20 minutes. Drain and remove the seeds and stems.
- In a blender, puree the anchos until smooth then add the ground spices and peanut puree.
- Combine all other ingredients and mix well.
- In a large sauté pan add the oil and sauté the onions until transparent.
- Add the chicken breast and cook on all sides. Add chocolate puree and stock. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Cool, slice thin and prepare the sandwich.
Source: NCA’s Chocolate Council and Levy Catering for McCormick Place, Chicago, Ill.