Fruit & Spring Green Salad with White Chocolate Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 15-oz. can mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried, plumped in chardonnay wine
- 1/2 cup walnuts, broken, candied
- 4 apples, granny smith, peeled, diced, lightly sautéed in olive oil
- Olive oil
- 1 quart spring greens
- 1/4 vinegar, champagne
- 1/3 cup Mandarin orange juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Drain the oranges and reserve juice.
- Plump the cranberries and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat combine the vinegar, juice, salt and sugar.
- Gently heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate until melted.
- Set aside to cool but do not refrigerate as white chocolate will set.
- Whisk in olive oil.
Serve dressing on the side.
Source: NCA’s Chocolate Council and Levy Catering for McCormick Place, Chicago, Ill.